Wednesday, November 14, 2012

My Take on the LRT 2 Station Incident

It all started at an altercation at the LRT 2 station along Marcos Highway in Pasig City. A 23-year old girl named Paula Salvosa argued with a security guard about a certain incident not caught on cam by Gregory Llamoso, who posted the video on Facebook. It was being spread throughout FB, Twitter, and various websites.
Paula Salvosa
The altercation between a 23 year-old
ex-student DJ and a security guard at
a train station sparked an online out-
rage.
As of this writing, the hashtag #AmALayer (how the viewers heard Salvosa pronounce "I'm a liar.") is trending worldwide. Social media people also expressed their two coins on the event. Some praised the lady guard for staying put despite Salvosa's outrage. Some bashed Salvosa for what she did. And some more just trolled Paula. As a result, Paula Salvosa deactivated her Facebook account (although her Twitter account is still active as of today).

Here are my two (actually three) coins on the event. For the guard, I salute you for keeping your temper from flaring up after what happened. Your ability to settle the issue in such a manner that you will end your conflict with Salvosa peacefully is worth praising. Hats off to you, ma'am!

To Paula, I don't know why you had that heated argument with the security personnel, but I just want to say that you need not to be hysterical to air your side. I found out that you were an intern at a radio station and also auditioned as a VJ for Myx. Those facts alone assure me that you're girl enough to handle errands professionally. Like what Bob Guerrero told me when I got reprieved for grabbing his picture in my article about Pachanga without formal permission, you need to be more cautious next time. Still, cheer up! I know God has a reason why you're now on the social media limelight (although in a negative manner). I believe God is telling you that you need to fix some things in your life. I'm not gonna bash or troll you for what you did. All I can say is stay positive. Good thing you apologized to everyone for what you did. Also, here's God's Word for you (thanks to fellow blogger Shekinah Armenta via her sister Aileen for this; I'm also moved here) "In the same way, you who are younger, submit yourselves to your elders. All of you, clothe yourselves with humility toward one another, because, 'God opposes the proud but shows favor to the humble.'" (1 Peter 5:5 NIV)

Now, to the thousands of people who condemn (for the lack of more appropriate terms) her for what she did, let me ask, "Are you sure you will not do the same thing Paula did if you got into a similar case?" Well, after watching the video, you will pick up something, so let me rephrase that, "Will you not shout at the security guard if both of you have a disagreement if Gregory did not post the video online or if you were Paula herself?" I remember one time during high school that we were playing a Bible drill game at a certain youth fellowship. Out of frustration after failing to answer a question, I slammed the Bible (I really did that). The pastor, during the preaching time, told the attendees, "You may not slam the Bible here, but maybe you're doing it at home." It goes the same in the case of Salvosa. I know some of you cursed at someone in authority before. I admit to that. About the "Am a lier", you made fun at how she uttered "I'm a liar" as if you "deed dent lie a tall". I lie, you lie, all of us lie. As often as we mispronounce some words like how you understood Paula's pronunciation, we also make false alibis if we do something wrong, and I attest to that. Man up, people! I admit I could do the same if I was on Salvosa's shoes. Good thing God is in my life, and He will pacify me if frustrations come in the way. He's the coolest of the cool heads who will prevail in verbal tussles.

To sum this very long article up, we commit the same sins as Paula Salvosa's. Before we bash someone for his wrongdoings, reflect on yourselves first. Just like how Jesus challenged the leaders in John 8 when they're about to render a judgment on the woman, let's ask ourselves, "Is it worthy to bully him online?" before bashing someone for his mistakes. Remember, it is only Christ who can judge us, and He has forgiven us for our sins. All we need is to surrender our lives and our frustrations to Him, and He will give us rest.

4 comments:

  1. Amen to this. Good points raised here. It's good there are still some good people who are open-minded. Smart post. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What goes around comes around.*

    It'll go away, dun worry Salvosa. Am nat a laya :D jk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love one another,..Amalayer:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are subject to be sinned. It's a lesson to learn for everyone.

    ReplyDelete