Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Page 183 of 365: Prayer is Power

Not even a power interruption will stop us from continuously praying to God.
I had to rush to our church's prayer meeting from my class, but the lights were literally out as soon as I came to the church center. But what I saw was something I liked a lot. Despite the power interruption, the prayer meeting was still ongoing, and everyone was do passionate in praying as if there's no blackout. It was a totally different story from the past times I attended prayer meetings. All I saw were people continuously praying despite what I believe is a threat from Satan to disrupt them.

In this time in which we are praying and fasting, we are expecting the sinister plans of Satan, but we know that the Lord has already beaten him. And even a very long power interruption will not stop us from praying.

This is one of the callings of the Lord to us. We will never cease in praying and believing for the breakthroughs to come. As what the apostle Paul said, "He has saved us and called us to a holy life—not because of anything we have done but because of his own purpose and grace. This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time... (2 Timothy 1:9 NIV)"

Read 2 Timothy 1:8, 9, Acts 13:1-12, Romans 8:13, 14, and Isaiah 43:6, 7. 

No comments:

Post a Comment