Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Page 184 of 365: Fasting Troubles

I'm honestly on the verge of giving up in my midyear fast, but
I know God will strengthen me.
While I'm participating in a short fasting period, I am now at a point where I begin to crave for other things. I am currently in a milk-and-juice fast, but I'm beginning to feel like I need to eat now. Fasting has never been this hard.

However, this is where God works the best. In times that we're losing the battle, He will lift us up and strengthen us to achieve the victory. 1 Corinthians 2:5 (NIV) says that "faith [should] not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God." As we continue to pray and fast, remember that it's the Lord's power that will prevail.

 Read Acts 10:44-48, 19:1-12, Ephesians 5:15-20, 1 Corinthians 2:4, 5, and Isaiah 44:1-5.

No comments:

Post a Comment