Thursday, August 2, 2012

Stay in the Path of Purity

How can a young man stay on the path of purity?
By living according to Your Word. (Psalm 119:9, NIV)
I just read Psalm 119:9-16 last night, and it clearly pierced me a lot. It made me wonder, "Am I still in that so-called 'path of purity'?" But God has a clear answer to that, "You must continue to live according to My Word (v. 9b)."

I admit, there were times that I was somehow veering away from His Word, thinking I can be kept purified on my own. But it was only to no avail. It is clear: we need God to be purified. Let's ask the Lord for forgiveness if we commit impurities. Don't worry. He has forgiven us already through His Son Jesus Christ. Let us also keep His Words in our hearts, so we may not sin against Him (v. 11). Lastly, we must neglect His Word (v. 16b). Let's internalize what He has said, and we will not be making a wrong turn.

If you want to stay on the right track toward purity in Christ, we must take note of His advice, His rebukes, and His life here on earth. Live according to His Word, and God will meet us at our faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment