Saturday, February 2, 2013

Page 32 of 365: Not by Mouth

Page 32 of 365: Not by Mouth
Being a Christian should be shown, not declared.
I was at a certain business meeting in Tagaytay City when the boss of the hotel who is also presiding the meeting found me not "UP-ish". When he asked my blogger friend, "Who is he? Does this guy even finished grade school?" my friend introduced me to who I really am: "He's Ivan, a UP student." My friend told me that he, who graduated at Harvard (that Harvard) and tends to befriend only those of the so-called Big 4 (i.e. UP, Ateneo, UST, and La Salle), was surprised.

After hearing it, plus what I learned during my quiet time earlier in the morning, it's also possible that like what happened earlier, many could not notice that you're a Christian at first. Maybe because you tend to do things that are concealing your relationship with Jesus Christ. Being an athlete, I at times get to be emotional in the game, whether it's basketball, ultimate, or even Warcraft and Counter-Strike, especially when things go out of hand. After a very bad spiritual birthday "celebration" two weeks ago, I am making a resolution to keep composed even if I'm losing and just have fun.

I hope as well that I will not be like the sluggard the King Solomon described in Proverbs, who because of fear and not doing anything got into trouble. I pray to God as well that He will continue to teach me how to be a Christian not by mouth but through actions too. As the old saying goes, "Action speaks louder than words."

Read Proverbs 12:27, 19:24, 22:13, 24:30-34, 26:13-15

No comments:

Post a Comment