Thursday, April 4, 2013

Page 90 of 365: Easter Reflection

The EKstreme Tower Ride
I was invited again to Enchanted Kingdom to cover the Easter events there. While waiting for the events to take place, my blog squad was given a chance to try some of the rides. Being the daredevil that I am, I tried the EKstreme Tower Ride. I hopped on, saw the ride being elevated up above so high that I can see the entirety of the Laguna Lake and... BOOM! The sudden drop! I survived that ride, and I can't help but scream to express my reaction afterward. I'm not that of an acrophobic, but I wanted to jump out of the ride and say, "I quit!" After the ride, I even wanted to cuss! Being a Christian, I kept my poise.

One thing I realized after surviving the ride was, "I don't wanna jump from that high!" I also felt the feeling of committing suicide (or at least an accidental fall). I'm pretty sure it's so hard for someone to take his life. OK! This is not a late "I condemn Kristel Tejada" post. I am actually disappointed with the harsh comments she got like "She's a loser." But if I was a good friend of Kristel, I would have told her to keep her faith. Paul reminded Timothy in his second epistle to him that he should not get troubled by all the trials. Like Timothy, God has given us the Spirit that does "not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline (2 Timothy 1:7)."

A living proof of that was Jesus Christ. He declared in John 16:33 that He has already overcome the world. He proved that by returning to life in the third day after He was crucified. He brought along on the cross our sins and problems. This Easter, let's celebrate our victory through Him. You may experience downfalls that could drop you faster than gravity. But just like how the EK staff controlled the ride before we hit the ground, Jesus is here to keep us safe and provide for us. Don't give up! Let go and let God!

Read 2 Timothy 1:1-18 and 1 Kings 19:9-18

No comments:

Post a Comment