Saturday, April 19, 2014

God is Always at Work

Juice.PH
I got accepted for an online news site, and currently, I am on training. A problem is that I still don't have a new laptop (since my previous laptop got stolen, I am updating my three blogs at internet cafes). Also, my training fell on Holy Week when virtually every remittance center is closed, so I have to be extra cautious of my budget. But God is always online 24/7. He knows my scenario, and He intervened. My training was moved to Monday.

But another trial came. Black Saturday and I only had a buck left. I really had to find ways to tell my mom that I need cash. But it came to a point that I was wrestling with God. "What? Am I about to go a full day of fasting?" I already mulled at it, but again God provided. My weekend money came just in time (with little trouble, though, as my mom gave me a wrong code, but the Lord is indeed in control).

However, God is also at work when it comes to handling what I am supposed to do. Someone invited me to the opening of a barber shop tomorrow. I wanted to come, but I was reminded of my pastor's preaching last week: God will provide the right amount you need. It turned out, my money may not be enough to come over the opening. Eventually, I have to back out (Or did he not choose me just because I don't have a phone yet?), but my friend offered that we can set up another date for that. Jesus said "no" because He is telling me that it's His day--the day He rose from His martyrdom that was intended to save us from doom (it's "was", not "is", meaning Jesus Christ died once for us). Also, He's preparing me for a Word that may strike me.

Holy Week is indeed God's special week. We commemorate Jesus' death and resurrection, and He is tweaking our lives to live according to His plan, a plan that will prosper us and not harm us (Jeremiah 29:11).

Here are some of the verses I read today that may help those who work like me:

"Whatever your task, put yourselves into it, as done for the Lord and not for your masters, since you know that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward; you serve the Lord Christ." (Colossians 3:23)

"The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in Him." (Nahum 1:7)

No comments:

Post a Comment