Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Page 1 of 365: As We Wait for the Day

In line with the imminent return of Jesus Christ, how should we live our lives?
Thinking of what to do with my new journal for the new year, I decided to look for Our Daily Bread. However, I bumped to its "sister" book, Our Daily Journey. With the devotionals specially designed to help you go deeper in your relationship with the Lord, I bought ODJ instead. Because of the eighth item on the "How to Use ODJ" part, I decided to show to you all of the things I learned in my daily quiet time. First up: the end times!

I made an article about the end of the world last December 20, the day before what everybody feared was the day. But in the article by K.T. Sim, the lives that we should live come the day was tackled. Here are some of the things we should live come the imminent second coming of Jesus Christ, which we all know will happen by surprise:

1. Repent, i.e. turn away, from sin and clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 13:11-14).
2. Be self-controlled and put on the breastplate of faith and love and the helmet of salvation (1 Thessalonians 5:1-10). To add to that, put on the full armor of God (Ephesians 6:10-18).
3. Live a holy and Godly life. Make every effort to be spotless, blameless, and at peace with Jesus (2 Peter 3:3-15).

For more, read Luke 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment