Monday, January 14, 2013

Page 13 of 365: Sound of Silence

Peter was rebuked by God when He sent an angel to tell him that he should
spread the Gospel to the Gentiles too, like Cornelius.
I went home to Metro Manila to be with my mom, who spent the weekend there. After I brought her to the airport for her trip back to Puerto Princesa, I went to Mandaluyong to attend the 4 PM service of Victory Pioneer. I never thought, however, that it will be a message that will pierce our hearts.

We, the jampacked congregation, listened to the Word of God, and we were silent for a moment when Pastor Robert Hern spoke that the Holy Spirit clarifies our wrong mindsets. Why are we so silent? That's because we have a lot of wrong mindsets that could make us misinterpret what the Bible says. Yes, the Holy Spirit will give me specific instructions and will remind me of the Scriptures, but about correcting the misconceptions about the Word of God, I was totally rebuked and corrected by the Lord there.

My challenge is that if we want a clear direction this year, let's listen to the Holy Spirit carefully. Let us not make our own conclusion about the verses. Let the Lord tell you what you should do. Let the Holy Spirit give you the divine guidance you need.

Read 1 Timothy 4:6-5:2, 2 Timothy 1:1-7, and Acts 11:1-18

No comments:

Post a Comment